Tradition Origins: The Knights of the Lost Crown formed in response to the dueling orders of the Knights of Peace and the Knights of the Cockatrice. Seeking to take a stand and preserve the kingdom's stability and their loyalty to the missing king, a group of nobles banded together. They and their best men-at-arms laid the foundation for the Knights of the Lost Crown, a group dedicated to the ideals and service of the missing king. Since then, this tradition has inspired others, looking to uphold the notion of preserving Myrrish honor, the honor of ancient traditions, and so on.
- Tradition Edicts: The cavalier of this tradition must protect the life and lands of his sovereign at all costs. He must obey the commands of his sovereign without question. He must strive to expand the power and prestige of his realm.
- Challenge: Whenever an order of the lost crown cavalier issues a challenge, he receives a +1 dodge bonus to his AC against attacks made by the target of his challenge. This bonus increases by +1 for every four levels the cavalier possesses.
- Skills: An order of the Lost Crown cavalier adds Knowledge (local) (Int) and Knowledge (nobility) (Int) to his list of class skills. An order of the Lost Crown cavalier can make Knowledge (nobility) skill checks untrained. If he has ranks in the skill, he receives a bonus on the check equal to 1/2 his cavalier level (minimum +1) as long as the check involves his sovereign.
- Order Abilities: A cavalier belonging to the order of the Lost Crown gains the following abilities as he increases in level.
- Lion's Call (Ex): At 2nd level, an order of the Lost Crown cavalier gains the ability to rally his allies. As a standard action, he can give an encouraging speech which grants all allies within 60 feet a competence bonus on their saving throws against fear equal to his Charisma modifier and a +1 competence bonus on attack rolls for a number of rounds equal to his cavalier level. If an ally within range is under the effect of a spell or ability that causes him to be frightened or panicked, he can immediately make another saving throw to resist the effect (if allowed).
- For the King (Ex): At 8th level, an order of the Lost Crown cavalier can call out to his allies, inspiring them to greatness. As a swift action, the cavalier can grant a competence bonus equal to his Charisma modifier on all attack and damage rolls to all allies within 30 feet. This bonus lasts for 1 round. This ability can be used once per combat.
- Shield of the Liege (Ex): At 15th level, an order of the Lost Crown cavalier can protect those around him. Allies that are adjacent to the cavalier receive a +2 shield bonus to their AC. In addition, as an immediate action, the cavalier can redirect an attack made at a creature adjacent to himself, as long as the creature making the attack is within the cavalier's reach. This ability must be declared before the attack roll is made. The attack is made against the cavalier's AC and defenses, even if the creature could not normally reach or attack the cavalier. The cavalier loses any cover or concealment bonuses when subject to the redirected attack.