About My Character
Kerbasi's (also spelled Kerbasy) a young deathpriest from the Phurai Dae tribes of the Vast. He's kind of a dork. He reads books on embalming at children's story hour, for instance, or tends to drop into awkward commentary while rubbing at the back of his neck.
He's generally good at what he does, and was more recently noted for help in the "rescue" of an arvek nar named Acleese--who he gave work in the Temple as a clerk. The two geeks are now the best of friends. Caring for the local Temple is what he seeks to do, while also studying all those awesome embalming rites and bonfire rituals other cultures seem to possess.
Oh, and he hates thieves. They ransacked his temple, and dishonored his faith.
"It's Gravely a Fart"
- Kerbasy is an advisor to undead hunters, and crafts weapons and armor for them
- He shares an interest in historical and famous grave sites
- Books about strange, unusual, and fun funerary practices
- He serves as a counselor for the dead and the still living
- He used to write letters to the family of soldiers who had passed on the field, until Acleese took over this duty
- During legal or funerary disputes, he can be called upon to speak with the dead and ascertain their last wishes
- He has a passing interest in cartography and calligraphy, but not the time or focus to pursue it
- He's an active member of the Vardaman Temple in Alexandria, is often overworked, and forgets to do basic things for himself, such as washing his hair
- He is an amateur poet (read: awful)
- As both practical and as a fund-raiser, he can be inquired with the Vardamens' pre-written funeral arrangements and coffins. For example, they provide yearly updated measurements for adventurers to ensure that final fit, as well as additional engraving services (such as marking a recent heroic event, along the coffin's sides). They will also research your culture, and record your preferences for final arrangements.
Acleese (NPC Assistant, RPP Organization Spend)
Acleese is a geekly arvek nar who lives in one of the basements of the Vardamen temple. He's taken over Kerbasy's duties as relates to writing "letters home," and is keen to spend his life in relative safety and isolation (he had a bad few years in the Sendor War and before). He's also an RPP-empowered Assistant.
He counts as a 3rd level expert and uses the NPC array, etc.
|Race: Arvek Nar
|Class: Expert 3
|Role: Vardamen scribe whose primary job is writing difficult letters home to loved ones. He spends most days hiding in the temple basement and terrified of things like "combat" or "physical activity". He is a survivor of the Sendor War and redefines nerd.
|Stats: Str: 10, Dex: 14, Con: 13, Int: 13, Wis: 8, Cha: 7; HP: He will never, ever see combat. He will faint manfully if so.
Skills: (Class skill marked with *)
Kerbasy supplies the faithful (and others) with items crafted with the touch of Death. The Temple is always in need of assistance, so Kerbasy trades in kind: a hefty discount in exchange for IC labor. PCs encouraged to pick areas where their skills or interests lie that adds to roleplay.
- Offers: Divine Scrolls, Arms and Armor. Example scrolls: Heal (heals 110 hps as a standard action), Restoration, Remove Disease, Lesser Restoration or Delay Poison ...etc.
- Specials: Breath of Life is offered at-cost (562 gold, 5 silver), and anti-undead items are always offered at 55% cost. Active Vardamen receive their goods at 55% also, from their friendly priest!
Kerbasi is the guardian of a few leftover treasures of the late Saint Rarvin, a Vardaman saint. So far he has uncovered a shovel, and a set of old and worn, leather gloves. The story goes that Saint Rarvin was a gravedigger in service to Vardama. One evening, dead began rising from the graves and Old Rarvin (as he was known then) grabbed his shovel and did what he had to do.
Kerbasi will loan these items out to active and reverent Vardamen.
OOCly, a DM dropped the Shovel of Saint Rarvin in treasure. He's just expanded on the story.