Touch me with your love and reveal to me my true name
|Apparent Age:||Young adult, likely early to mid 20's.|
|Occupation:||Adventurer and crusader.|
|Organizations:||Temple of Eluna|
There is something about him, if one is human.
It is not easy to pin down exactly what, though. He is not the biggest man, despite a warrior's physique, just shy of six feet tall with a frame more closely resembling that of a gymnast than that of a brawler. Fair as a spring day, with hair equally balanced between ginger and blonde that is grown out of a military cut to fall in his eyes if not disciplined. Ice-blue eyes with blonde lashes hold wisdom and kindness, set into features that are even, straight, and strong. But - in certain lights, and at certain times, humans might almost see in this Eldanar man a glimpse of what a warrior of the Millennium Kingdom might once have looked like.
The warrior theme is carried again in the full platemail that he wears, its finish not a bright polish so much as a shimmer that recalls moonlight when under bright light, and quiescence in shadow. Over the platemail hangs an open, sleeveless robe of midnight-blue with moon-silvery edging and celestial symbols and creatures picked out in silver thread adorning it, and a steel pendant bearing the symbol of a crescent and sphere. A set of gold bracers, depicting celestial symbols that match the symbols on the robe, encircle his wrists.
He wears multiple belts, one of ornate silver links, another a beaten leather affair with attachments for weapons. A longsword hangs from this, from a sheath on his left hip with an ornately-carved pommel and a guard designed in an ancient style, and a much newer-looking heavy mace on his right hip. A belt pouch completes the contents of the leather belt, and a sturdy cloak over all in midnight blue bears the crescent-and-sphere of Eluna picked out in a mosaic of thousands of tiny silver crystals on the back. A simple, unadorned cloak pin holds it in place. Over his back, the top of an elkhorn, wood, and steel longbow is visible, along with a quiver of arrows made of red leather and trimmed in white fur.
What Is Known About Him
An experienced member of the Explorer's Guild.
- He is from Bryn Myridorn, and is in regular contact with his family back home. His father appears to be an overbearing type, and his mother is secured within the city after being taken by Salina.
- He takes great interest in his family histories, and that has morphed over time into an interest in world history as well.
- Usually the best place to ask after him is Eluna's Temple grounds, although the City Library and the Festival Grounds see a good deal of him as well.
Combat Style and Capabilities
Seldan is a paladin/sorcerer multiclass. His spells are a collection of abjurations, utility spells, and where needed, destructive magic. He is chary in the use of the last, and it is these spells he uses the least, but he is no slouch where magical destruction is called for. A capable and strong warrior, he may lack the skill to face the very strongest enemies toe-to-toe, and will fall back to the spells where his strength of arms will not suffice.
He is mindful of when lethal force is and is not appropriate. He will not use lethal force on non-evil creatures unless it is used on him, his allies, or an innocent first, but if he deems lethal force called for, he will not hesitate.
Being a follower of Eluna, he does not take kindly to use of magic for irresponsible or evil ends, and will target evil magic users first. He'll also attempt to stop and to chide PC's throwing magic around because they can, especially if it is destructive magic.
- New Experiences: Give him something new to try. He is open to new experiences and will try anything that is not hurtful to another, believing that knowledge is to be had in new experiences.
- Magic Man: Seldan takes a great interest and joy in magic itself. His magic is of the intuitive sort and in its working he takes a boyish glee, but he will listen to theory.
- Reunion: Seldan's ancestral weapon is a colorful set of personalities. More on Reunion below.
- Current Events: Although he is a busy man, he will at the very least extend a healing or helping hand to his fellow adventurers, where he can. His primary occupation is the matter of the plague and the hunt for Salina, and in these things, he is very knowledgeable.
Seldan's ancestral weapon is a set of personalities, from his father's family's ancient past. Some 500 years old, the outmoded style of the blade has been modified somewhat by his enchanting of and modifications to it. Dealing with Reunion is a bit like the ancestors scene from Mulan, in that it is compromised of a number of unique personalities that argue with one another at times, at other times agree, and at times all gang up on Seldan. They can be fractious, and Seldan with his unyielding will has a firm hand on them, but will at times listen to them as well.
The personalities one might see and hear at times in RP are:
- Kanian: A grumpy, dirty, crotchety old man. Usually the first to speak, the most likely to take umbrage, but takes a fierce glee in bloodshed, particularly when it's demons whose blood is being shed.
- Fallia: A kindly, wise old woman with a nasal-sounding voice. She is the brains of the operation, and most often, the voice of reason.
- Alaistair: A new male voice, rich, deep, and resonant. He and Kanian are close contemporaries and may well have been relatives. Not much is known of him yet.
- Tisa: A younger woman with a contralto voice. Her comments mark her an experienced and practical warrior.
- Golain: A middle-aged male voice with a definite khazadi sound to it. He seems to have spent time living in the Sky Curtain, in life, but also seems to be a smith.
- Zee: Seldom appears, but a lighter, young man's voice. Subservient to the others.
His Views of Others
People He Has Spoken To:
- Sandy: No-nonsense, businesslike, and the foulest mouth I have ever encountered on a sildanyari, but she has offered both guidance and support in trying times, along with a steady supply of fine clothing when mine appears to be short-lived. She has my gratitude.
- Soup: Great and glorious, but a little wisdom will keep you alive long enough to tell those tales.
- Skribbles: A fine adventuring companion and true servant of Reos, but a terrible singer. At least the otyughs liked it, and that is what matters.
- Svarshan: We are now even between us, but I still hold you in the highest regard. Return soon, for there is a matter on which I would speak to you.
- Mikilos: Knowledgeable, but not given to action. That is well. The knowledge shall be yours; the action, mine.
- Shalethiste: A newcomer to the Temple of Eluna. I shall guide her as I may.
- Toha: Life has carried us far apart in these months, but a worthy companion in the time that I traveled with her.
People He Knows:
- Malik: How could I have guessed that one so different from myself would come to be my love and closest friend? At times do I worry for your morals, and for your strength of will, but never for your loyalty or your joy. It is mine to shield you, and keep you on the right path.
- Acedia: A true friend and companion, steadfast and strong. May all the gods bless you for your help and your joy.
- Zeke: The brother I have not known since I was a child, strong in the face of adversity and a true servant of the Draco Solis. Would that you saw yourself as I saw you. You deserve better.
- Faranmidahn: Broken, I think. She should lay aside the blade - she was not meant for this. I mourn for her, and for her family, and will ask naught further of her.
- Cryosanthia: You have suffered so much, but your mind is not fully yours, on a level that neither of us understand. I do not hate you, but neither dare I trust you, so long as Salina lives. You have wronged Zeke, and you are too wrapped up in yourself to see it.
- Kira: Her bravery does her credit, but her desire to martyr herself exceeds her good sense. Save your martyrdom for when it will accomplish something, and in the meantime, perhaps you should listen to all sides before formulating your judgments.
- Menel: Thank you for trying, and much have you offered me, some of which I may take to heart. For now, I leave you in peace.
- Hun'rar: The dragon affinity is both strange and mighty, but he is a worthy ally, and more like me than I had guessed at. I wish I saw more of him.
- Serene: That one so strong in Eluna's grace and faith has faith in my abilities and strength is its a source of strength, and a blessing and boon. May I prove worthy of it.